I’m not sure if I’m supposed to share this or not, but I got the link from Bitcasa support and the link is public, so… And most of all, it could help other frustrated Bitcasa users with their problems as well.
The preview version of Windows Bitcasa client version 18.104.22.168 should bring some more stability to mirrored folders (says support) and implements some sort of upload progress bar (as I have noticed it).
The instructions how to use this were to do a complete uninstall or current version, restart, delete Bitcasa files and folders in %appdata%, create “Bitcasa” folder manually and install.
- Exit Bitcasa
- Uninstall Bitcasa from the Control Panel
- Allow the uninstaller to finish.
- Open Windows Explorer
- Enter %appdata% in the address bar and hit [Enter]
- Locate and delete the folders named com.bitcasa.Bitcasa and Bitcasa.
- Create a new, empty Bitcasa folder (c:\users\USERNAME\AppData\
- If you’re manually changed the location of Bitcasa’s cache, delete that folder as well.
- Close the open window
- Download the latest build from http://l.bitcasa.com/q8-EkcQn
- Install the version you just downloaded.
- Reboot if prompted.
For me the new version seems to work more stable as the previous version did, so I’m quite happy I have installed it. However, uninstall of the previous version took hours and hours. Uninstaller was deleting files in “elk”, “velk”, and “cache” folders and there were more than 140 thousand files in one of the folders when I checked! So most of the uninstall was deleting (temp?) files.
This is Bitcasa system info from my client:
BitcasaCore Sep 24 2013 17:12:22.214.171.124.22
Windows 5.1.2600.2 Service Pack 3 (3.0) 1
Warning: install and use only at your own risk!