Today I have released a new version of Mihov Blank Screen, a free software from Miha’s utilities that can help you with adjusting (or buying) your monitor screen. The program is really simple and easy to use. Its features are basic – you can fill the whole screen with one color and evaluate how the monitor reacts. This is more appropriate for non-LCD screens, but it can be useful even when evaluating LCD’s. I use the program every time when buying a used screen – it can help you see really fast if the screen is ok or not.
This has been a program release after four years. The special thing is that new features were requested by a user one week ago and they’re already live now.
The program is freeware and it should be in your Swiss-army-knife software collection.
Another interesting thing is that I have many channels to let the users know about the new release and promote the software on-line:
- I have updated the program web site in three languages plus several more Google-translated
- I have written a short news on Miha’s utilities site
- I have updated the Miha’s utilities update page
- I have posted this new about the program to Miha’s utilities forum
- I have sent a notification to a mailing list to registered users through Google Gropus
- I have posted to newsgroups alt.comp.freeware and alt.comp.shareware
- I have posted on the wall of Miha’s utilities group on Facebook
- I have written this post on Best resizer blog
- I have written a short post on my Slovenian blog
- I have published PAD file for this software (a structured XML file that contains the information about the program), so that software directories will be notified of the update and will be able to automatically update the data they have.
Now that I’ve written all ten channels I see why my programs are that popular. They have been downloaded more than 4 million times and the number is still rocketing up.